1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need advice on majors in school

1. Dec 22, 2012 #1
    Hey guys, I just finished my first semester at a community college. I want to major in Applied Mathematics because that's really my passion, but they don't offer that program of study so as of right now I'm majoring in Computer Science and plan on switching majors once I transfer after receiving my Associate's. Would this leave me at a disadvantage in school and maybe later on in my career?

Thanks again guys/gals.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 22, 2012 #2
    I don't think it will. I transferred from a community college to a university and I didn't even have an Associate's. I think the main thing is to figure out what colleges you want to transfer to and then see what they require. So I don't think this will hurt your chances of transferring.

Now, this has even less of a chance of hurting you after you transfer. I don't think anyone will care what your Associates major is if you have a B.S.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook