1. PF Contest - Win "Conquering the Physics GRE" book! Click Here to Enter
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Advice on Masters Aerospace Engineering

1. Aug 13, 2010 #1
    Hi Everyone,

Just as a background, I am currently a junior in AE at Georgia Tech. My GPA is currently 3.7, and hopefully I can get it up during the next semester. I am looking towards applying to a Masters in Aerospace Engineering at Stanford, MIT, and Caltech in that order of priority. I am part of Georgia Tech's AE Honors Program which is a 5 year BS/MS degree, which I also have the option of pursuing.
    I have had jobs at Flight Safety, GE, and NAVAIR for the past three summers.
    I have also been doing research for the past 4 semesters.
    I am also a SMART scholarship recipient, the government is sponsoring my degree BS and MS degree in which I would have to work for them for 3 years to "pay off" the money they spent on me, however they were under the impression that I would finish my MS within one year so I am looking for 1 year programs. I just took my GRE two days ago and did horrible 730 Q and 450 V so I am going to retake in October. Finally (sorry its so long), I want to do my PhD in AE or an MBA and I am confused on which to pursue, and this would be after working for the govt for 3 years. I would love any advice that anyone would want to give me.

On another note, I have been really discouraged by my GRE score. I am taking a week break and starting to practice again. Hopefully since the semester is starting soon, that will help me become sharper in my problem solving abilities. I was wondering what techniques everyone uses to keep themselves sharp in terms of math and problem solving.

Thank you everyone for your input!
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted