1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Need advices about the phd.

1. Nov 25, 2007 #1
    hi.

I am student in physics department in Turkey. I have just finished my becholar and started master in physics. hovewer I and my fiancee have won schoolarsips on nanotechnology and physics education, respectively which includes every detail of payment (fees, tuitions, healt insurences and also schoolarships) and now we can go abroad and make master and phd. But we could not decide which country and which university. my fiancee wants to attempt to a university in UK. But I am not sure. because I would like to go to a university which has both nanotech and physics education research groups.
    do you have any sugesstions about universities in Uk which has nanotechnology and physics education phd programs.

thanks to every answew.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2007 #2
    thanks to everyone who looked at this post.

4. Nov 27, 2007 #3
    I'm not sure of the breakdown of readers who live in the UK versus elsewhere, but are you predisposed to the UK? Why not the US?

5. Nov 28, 2007 #4
    my many teachers did their PHDs in UK. I have lived in Belgium for one year as an exchange student and I liked the ctyies with old houses and bridges. AS far as I know, UK has same architectural structures. But of course I want to get a godd eduacation with experimental support. I know some good universities in UK.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?