Need an accredited college for a health care management degree.

In summary, the conversation is about finding online accredited colleges for a healthcare management degree. The speaker mentions having responsibilities that prevent them from attending a traditional university and asks for recommendations from others. Another person suggests looking at distance courses from reputable universities, specifically mentioning Thomas Edison State College as a good option to consider. They also warn about being careful of diploma mills.
chimmy
Hi to all the folks. I have always wanted to get in the health care profession but at a managerial position. For this I have been planning to do a healthcare management degree but the problem is that I can only make it online as I have certain responsibilities to look after. What I need is a good source for online accredited colleges that really mean ACCREDITED.I don’t want to waste my time in getting a degree only to be ditched by the fact of accreditation’s. So, if you folks have any ideas or news about such colleges, do share with me.

Physics news on Phys.org
The phrase "online college" generally sends up red flags. It would be better to look at distance courses from real universities. (I assume these exist, maybe others can help).

bravernix said:
The phrase "online college" generally sends up red flags. It would be better to look at distance courses from real universities. (I assume these exist, maybe others can help).

I agree. I don't know about your specific area of interest, but you'd be best looking for universities (of the brick and mortar accredited type) with strong programs in what you want to do and then finding among them ones that offer online/distance-learning courses.

A very good place to look at (at least for comparison) is Thomas Edison State College in New Jersey. They offer a BS in hospital healthcare administration that sounds like what you're looking for. They are regionally accredited and have been doing distance education for a long time. Their website is:
www.tesc.edu
Be very careful of a diploma mill with a similar sounding name.

1. What is a health care management degree?

A health care management degree is an undergraduate or graduate degree program that prepares students for leadership roles in the healthcare industry. It covers a wide range of topics including healthcare policies and regulations, finance, human resources, and strategic management.

2. Why is accreditation important for a health care management degree?

Accreditation ensures that a health care management degree program meets high standards of quality and rigor set by an independent accrediting agency. This means that the program has been evaluated and deemed to provide a strong and relevant education that will prepare students for their future careers.

3. What are the job opportunities for graduates with a health care management degree?

Graduates with a health care management degree can pursue a variety of career paths in the healthcare industry, such as hospital administration, health insurance, consulting, and government agencies. They may also work in different healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, and public health organizations.

4. What are the benefits of attending an accredited college for a health care management degree?

Attending an accredited college for a health care management degree can provide students with a strong academic foundation, relevant practical experiences, and networking opportunities. Accredited colleges also often have partnerships with healthcare organizations, which can lead to internship and job opportunities after graduation.

5. How can I find an accredited college for a health care management degree?

One way to find an accredited college for a health care management degree is to check with the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the U.S. Department of Education's database of accredited postsecondary institutions. You can also research colleges and universities in your area and check their accreditation status on their websites or by contacting their admissions office.