1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Assistance with Problem

1. Apr 20, 2006 #1
    Question:
    Assume that a sound pulse travels with a constant velocity of 1,000 meters/second and that point A is separated from point B by a distance of 1,000,000 meters. Compute the time that elapses between the moment the sound pulse is transmitted at point A, strikes the object at B is reflected back, and arrives back at point A.

Velocity = Distance
    Time

Time = Distance
    Velocity

Distance = velocity*Time

I have the formulas, but what I am really looking for is a book that has these types of questions. Can anyone suggest a good book to answer these types of question.

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2006 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF!

Why do you need a book? If there is anything you don't understand please just ask here and someone will be more than willing to help you. Or would you just like more questions like these to practise on?

~H

4. Apr 20, 2006 #3

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hello star Wise, I've just recieved you PM now. If you show your working and answer, we'll try and assist you in understanding the subject more. But the rules of this forum prohibit us helping anyone who doesn't show any working or thoughts.

Regards,
    ~H

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?