1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need career help

1. May 6, 2009 #1
    I am in the procees of getting a 2 year degree in mechanical egineering, from there I broke my nose on a brick wall as to where I should turn for career advice and find a career. So far, the only career I could fathom is a over qualified mechanic (actually it was a joke) but I'm lost and I need advice or, at least a clue. Many thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2009 #2
    The institution you are attending should have a careers service, make an appointment with them if you want to make sure you're making the right choice for you as a degree. Which country are you from? There are many options, and don't worry yet! You have plenty of time before graduating, and so have plenty of time to decide what you want to do.

For some general guidance, have a look at:

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Options_with_your_subject/Your_degree_in_mechanical_engineering/Your_skills/p!edcegge [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. May 7, 2009 #3
    I'm in the U.S, so the possibilites are endless. I'll contact the counsler and check my options

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook