• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Need challenging vector problems

• Thread starter Atomos
  • Start date
We are doing vectors in physics, and the only practice problems we have are redundant and simply ones in the book, which go no further than simply calculating the vector components and adding them or solving for unknown components. Does anyone know where I can find challenging vector problems?

Answers and Replies

The vector problems they give you in the book are probably all you'll need to know to do the physics at the level your learning.

I would imagine the next step being cross and dot products for things like torque and work.

Make some up. You can make them as difficult as you want that way.

EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You can search for "vector" in this forum. For example, here is a recent problem.

Last edited:
Are you only looking for basic pre-calculus vector questions, or also vector calculus? There are some fairly challenging vector calculus problems out there...

We are doing precalc vector problems in class, but I have learned, on my own, concepts of calculus, and some vector concepts taught in the calculus class. Could you point me to a specific topic?

Atomos said:
We are doing vectors in physics, and the only practice problems we have are redundant and simply ones in the book, which go no further than simply calculating the vector components and adding them or solving for unknown components. Does anyone know where I can find challenging vector problems?
Interesting problem here - to derive vector operator~

leon1127 said:
Interesting problem here - to derive vector operator~
Derive vector operator? Well you have the operator "del" and then you have curl and divergence, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean...