1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need challenging vector problems

1. Sep 10, 2005 #1
    We are doing vectors in physics, and the only practice problems we have are redundant and simply ones in the book, which go no further than simply calculating the vector components and adding them or solving for unknown components. Does anyone know where I can find challenging vector problems?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 10, 2005 #2
    The vector problems they give you in the book are probably all you'll need to know to do the physics at the level your learning.

I would imagine the next step being cross and dot products for things like torque and work.

4. Sep 10, 2005 #3
    Make some up. You can make them as difficult as you want that way.

5. Sep 10, 2005 #4

EnumaElish

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You can search for "vector" in this forum. For example, here is a recent problem.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  6. Sep 10, 2005 #5
    Are you only looking for basic pre-calculus vector questions, or also vector calculus? There are some fairly challenging vector calculus problems out there...

7. Sep 10, 2005 #6
    We are doing precalc vector problems in class, but I have learned, on my own, concepts of calculus, and some vector concepts taught in the calculus class. Could you point me to a specific topic?

8. Sep 10, 2005 #7
    Interesting problem here - to derive vector operator~

9. Sep 10, 2005 #8
    Derive vector operator? Well you have the operator "del" and then you have curl and divergence, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?