Need Urgent Help with Derivatives? Get Expert Solutions Now!

• Thread starter pyrosilver
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivative
In summary, for the given functions, the derivatives would be 3sin^2(x^2 + sinx) * (2x + cosx), 31(cosx)^30 * (-sinx), and cos(x^3/(cosx^3)) * (3x^2(cosx^3) - 3sinx^2(cosx^2)).
pyrosilver
urgent -- need derivative help!

Homework Statement

f(x) = sin^3(x^2 + sinx)

f(x) = (cosx)^31^2

f(x) = sin(x^3/(cosx^3))

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

f(x) = sin^3(x^2 + sinx)
so i said it was 3sin(x^3+sinx) * (2x+cosx)

f(x) = (cosx)^31^2

i said this was the same as (cosx)^961, so 961(cosx)^960?

f(x) = sin(x^3/(cosx^3))
i said this was the same thing as sin(x^3cosx^-3), so cos(x^3cosx^-3) * (3x^2(cosx^-3) * (x^3(-3sinx^-4)?

please respond quickly, i have a fast deadline, gah thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello there,

I understand that you are in need of help with derivatives. I will do my best to assist you with your questions.

For the first function, f(x) = sin^3(x^2 + sinx), you have the right idea. However, you have made a small mistake in your solution. The correct answer would be 3sin^2(x^2 + sinx) * (2x + cosx). The reason for this is because when you take the derivative of sin^3(x^2 + sinx), you need to use the chain rule. This means that you first take the derivative of the outer function, which is sin^3, and then multiply it by the derivative of the inner function, which is x^2 + sinx. So the correct solution would be 3sin^2(x^2 + sinx) * (2x + cosx).

For the second function, f(x) = (cosx)^31^2, you are on the right track. However, you have made a small mistake in your exponent. The correct answer would be 31(cosx)^30 * (-sinx). This is because when you have an exponent raised to another exponent, you need to use the power rule and multiply the exponents together. So the correct solution would be 31(cosx)^30 * (-sinx).

For the third function, f(x) = sin(x^3/(cosx^3)), you have made a small mistake in your solution. The correct answer would be cos(x^3/(cosx^3)) * (3x^2(cosx^3) - 3sinx^2(cosx^2)). This is because when you have a fraction in the argument of a function, you need to use the quotient rule. This means that you take the derivative of the numerator and multiply it by the denominator, then subtract the derivative of the denominator multiplied by the numerator, and finally divide it all by the denominator squared. So the correct solution would be cos(x^3/(cosx^3)) * (3x^2(cosx^3) - 3sinx^2(cosx^2)).

I hope this helps you with your derivatives. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck with your deadline!

1. What are derivatives and why do I need urgent help with them?

Derivatives are financial instruments that derive their value from an underlying asset. They are used for risk management, hedging, and speculation. You may need urgent help with derivatives if you are facing a time-sensitive situation where you need to make critical decisions regarding your investments.

2. Can I get expert solutions for my derivatives problem now?

Yes, there are experts who specialize in derivatives and can provide urgent help. You can consult with a financial advisor or reach out to online platforms that offer expert solutions for derivatives.

3. What kind of problems can experts help me with regarding derivatives?

Experts can help you with a wide range of problems related to derivatives including understanding complex derivative products, managing risk, calculating values and returns, and creating effective hedging strategies.

4. How can I find reliable and trustworthy experts for derivatives?

You can search for reputable financial advisors or experts with a strong track record in dealing with derivatives. You can also check online reviews and ratings to find trustworthy experts.

5. Can I get urgent help with derivatives for free?

It is unlikely that you can get urgent help with derivatives for free from reputable experts. However, some online platforms may offer free resources and tutorials to help you understand derivatives better. It is always recommended to seek professional help for complex derivatives problems.