Update Drivers for Gaming: Free Scan & Paid Options

• Thread starter oddparent1
  • Start date
In summary, there is a program called Radarsync that can automatically update drivers for free. However, if you are specifically looking for drivers to improve your gaming experience, you can use the links from Radarsync or go to the manufacturer's website to find the latest versions. Some of the drivers can also be found on Windows Update. If you have an Asus EN8600GT, you can download the drivers from the links provided.
oddparent1
I found a program that can automatically update your drivers. Put you have to pay for it. It includes a free scan though. I need update for the following drivers:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7726/driverspe0.png [Broken]

I'd really appreciate if you could post links from where I can download latest versions, or if you have Driver Detective you could give me registration number. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm mostly interested in drivers that would improve gaming experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
You can get the links from Radarsync

I don't have a registration for driver detective, but you can use Radarsync to get the links. It's a freeware that does the same thing as driver detective (it also finds software updates), but it gives you the links to download the files for free.
Also, if the scan with the RadarSync software doesn't turn up the same updates, the company's website also has lists of drivers and you can look yours up there to get the links. Just google 'RadarSync' and you'll find it.

I found that program, but after the scan it gives me an error "Illegal characters in path." I was clicking "Continue" for few minutes, but the error kept popping up.

Just go to the manufactures websites.
Drivers are usually found under support.

Most of the ones you list are www.Intel.com and most should be in the chipset driver package except for the lan driver (pro/100) which I think is a separate download.
You'll need your mother board model (this may be listed on one of the bios screens).

To get current version numbers
RightClick->MyComputer; Click->Manage; Click->DeviceManager
Locate the driver in the list of all drivers.

The mouse driver may be in windows update.

to my knowledge all drivers are to be found on your manufacturers website but if you know the name of the drivers you could search for them on google specificaly.

zlatan24 said:
Hello! I have Asus EN8600GT, but disk with drivers was corupted! Help me, please! (((((

I assume you're using Windows XP? If so here.

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/GamerOSD/GamerOSD2050723_Win2KXP.zip [Broken]

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/GamerOSD/GamerOSD2050723_Win2KXP.zip [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are the benefits of updating drivers for gaming?

Updating drivers for gaming can improve the overall performance and stability of your gaming system. It can also provide better compatibility with new games and prevent crashes or errors. Additionally, updated drivers may offer new features or optimizations that can enhance your gaming experience.

2. How can I update my drivers for gaming for free?

There are a few ways to update your drivers for gaming for free. You can manually download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, or use the built-in driver update tool in your operating system. You can also use a free driver update software, but be cautious when downloading from third-party sites to avoid malware.

3. Is it necessary to pay for driver updates for gaming?

It is not necessary to pay for driver updates for gaming, as there are free options available. However, paid options may offer more advanced features and a more user-friendly experience. It ultimately depends on your personal preference and budget.

4. How often should I update my drivers for gaming?

It is recommended to update your drivers for gaming at least once every three months. This will ensure that you have the latest updates and optimizations for your gaming system. However, if you are experiencing issues with a specific game, you may need to update your drivers more frequently.

5. Can updating drivers for gaming cause any problems?

In some cases, updating drivers for gaming can cause issues such as compatibility problems or system crashes. However, these issues are rare and can usually be resolved by rolling back to previous drivers or performing a clean install. It is always recommended to backup your current drivers before updating to avoid any potential problems.