Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need experiment inspiration!

1. May 28, 2004 #1
    I have asked about this before but found out in the wrong forum and dont know how to move it! so will a mod delete the original? :S

original thread: Original Thread

well.... sorry for my bad english - live in denmark and the technical terms are not so good! :)

well... going to the exams on wednedsday - and in denmark we can make som experiments if we want to! and it definitely help our grade ;)

so im looking for some fine experiments - do you know any?

the subjects are:

magnetism - i have one where you find the "curie-point"? could use a experiment!

electromagnetism - NEED ONE!

solvent? - a metalion and acid rests ? NEED ONE!

induction - NEED ONE!

atomic "models" and the periodic system - NEED EXPLANATION!

Normally my english is very good but the technical words freak me out! hope you understand what i'm saying!

Best Regards

Mark Knudsen!

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some background information will be useful. What is your level ? Is experimental equipment provided, or do you have to find your own stuff ? How much time do you get for the experiment ? Any other relevant information...?

4. May 28, 2004 #3
    i attend ninth grade... so i dont have some guru-skills.... i mean i have det right amount of background knowlegde! we have 1 hour for preparation and about an half an hour to perform the experiments... we 3 in our group so we can make "alot" of experiments! all i need is some simple/semiadvanced experiments - or experiments which are more advanced than the ones in our book... because ALL uses the ones in the book... if our group/me can come up with some other things, then we will definitely get us a good grade! :biggrin: and we have access to most common things/materials!

thx alot for your answer!

Last edited: May 28, 2004
  5. May 28, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Finding the Curie point of a magnet is simple. You heat it in a furnace (for a low enough curie point a hot plate will work ) until it loses it's magnetization. You can also look at other ways to demagnetizing it, such as banging it with a hammer, etc..and compare the energy absorbed by the magnet in the different cases.

Thinking about the other stuff...

6. May 28, 2004 #5
    explain? i want some explanation!

7. May 29, 2004 #6
    How can i help u?
    Give u a experiment report?
    Wait some days.............

8. May 29, 2004 #7

YES!! that will be great!

9. May 30, 2004 #8
    still need some help... the exams is in only 3 days!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?