Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Fast Help

1. Sep 6, 2006 #1
    Please, I need the answer's to these quick, I tried them myself but can't get them.

1. A driver sees his destination in plain sight, but it takes him about 500 miles and a couple of hours to reach it, why?

2. A football player returns a kickoff 98 yards with no penalties, so then why is he not completely happy with the result?

3. A basketball player could have extended his team's lead by 4 in the game, but he missed the freethrow, however he's happy that he missed it, why?

4. A baseball pitcher walks a batter to first base, so now the bases are loaded with 1 out, however the pitcher is happy that he walked the batter to load the bases, why?

5. A babysitter comes over to watch 2 kids, one of the kids was upstairs and one was downstairs, both of them doing activities specifically assigned to them. The babysitter goes to the bathroom, and the 2 kids decided to switch spots. The babysitter comes back out, and sees the other kid downstairs, but she doesn't notice that he's a different person, why?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

If this is homework, please repost it in the appropriate homework forum.

Ok, Pieto replied, it's not homework.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  4. Sep 7, 2006 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

1. Indy-500

2. In College Football the game-clock runs during the kick return. It's possible that time ran out as the returner was stopped just short of what might have been a winning score.

3. He plays basketball for Michigan, and was paid off by bookies. :wink:

4. What's baseball?

5. Could the kids not have been twins in identical clothes? Seems too obvious to be the right answer...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  5. Sep 8, 2006 #4
    4) Actually, it is not uncommon in baseball games to see a batter intentionally walked to load the bases, especially if the batter is good. The reason is that it makes it easier to execute a double-play.

6. Sep 14, 2006 #5
    i say he was looking at a map ...for number 1 ......or he was on a hill or something ...or he was a astraunaugth ...tricky one i guess

for 5 maybe they r twins ...that seems to easy an answer ..hmmm dont know ...

7. Sep 17, 2006 #6
    1. the path is not straight
    2. nver play one
    3. he missed the second free throw and his team mates makes a rebound and make two points instead of one for the second one.
    4. nver play one
    5. identical twins ...

8. Sep 18, 2006 #7
    thank's for those who replied. Here are the right answer's incase anyone want's them.

1. A driver sees his destination in plain sight, but it takes him about 500 miles and a couple of hours to reach it, why?

He's a race, like Nascar.

2. A football player returns a kickoff 98 yards with no penalties, so then why is he not completely happy with the result?

He wanted the touchdown.

3. A basketball player could have extended his team's lead by 4 in the game, but he missed the freethrow, however he's happy that he missed it, why?

He was running down the clock

4. A baseball pitcher walks a batter to first base, so now the bases are loaded with 1 out, however the pitcher is happy that he walked the batter to load the bases, why?

Double Play.

5. A babysitter comes over to watch 2 kids, one of the kids was upstairs and one was downstairs, both of them doing activities specifically assigned to them. The babysitter goes to the bathroom, and the 2 kids decided to switch spots. The babysitter comes back out, and sees the other kid downstairs, but she doesn't notice that he's a different person, why?

They're twin's.

9. Sep 18, 2006 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I was going to say he lives in Norway, BC or New Zealand, or anywhere else that you can have long fjords wide enough that they don't have bridges over them. Of course, almost any similar geographic configuration would do...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?