Formatting Help: Get Your Picture/Avatar in Posts

• Thread starter ohlhauc1
  • Start date
In summary, to add a picture or avatar to your post, click on the "Insert Image" button in the post editor and either upload a new image or choose one from your media library. The recommended size for a picture or avatar is no larger than 150 x 150 pixels. You can use a custom image or one from your media library, but make sure it is in a compatible format. To change the position or size of your picture or avatar, click on the image and select options in the post editor. Your picture or avatar will automatically appear in all of your posts if you have set a default, but if you add a custom image to a specific post, it will only appear in that post.
ohlhauc1
I know that this is probably a pathetic question to ask, but I shall ask anyways. How do you get the picture/avatar that appears under your name in posts? I know that many members have it, and I want one too. Please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have to be a premium member. (On the top of PF home page there is a link that says "UPGRADE")

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I add a picture or avatar to my post?

To add a picture or avatar to your post, first click on the "Insert Image" button in the post editor. Then, you can either upload a new image or select one from your existing media library. Once you have chosen your image, click "Insert into post" and it will be added to your post.

2. What is the recommended size for a picture or avatar in a post?

The recommended size for a picture or avatar in a post is typically no larger than 150 x 150 pixels. This allows for optimal display on all devices and prevents the image from taking up too much space on the page.

3. Can I use a custom image or does it have to be from my media library?

You can use either a custom image or one from your media library. If you choose to use a custom image, make sure it is in a compatible file format such as JPEG, PNG, or GIF.

4. How can I change the position or size of my picture or avatar in a post?

To change the position or size of your picture or avatar in a post, click on the image and then select the options available in the post editor. You can align the image to the left, right, or center, and adjust the size by dragging the corners of the image.

5. Will my picture or avatar appear in all of my posts?

If you have set a default picture or avatar for your account, it will automatically appear in all of your posts. However, if you choose to add a custom image to a specific post, it will only appear in that post and not in any others.