Need glue for a Corian shower stall

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding a waterproof glue for Corian to fix a soap dish that fell off in a shower stall. The speaker asks for suggestions and is warned not to use TiteBond III. Google is suggested as a resource and a silicone adhesive is recommended, with the reminder to make sure the surfaces are dry before application.
yungman
Hi

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. My soap dish fell off in the Corian shower stall, I want to glue it back, I want to find a glue that is water proof for Corian. I want to get some suggestions.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you looked at so far? There are plenty of epoxies that are waterproof.

Do not use TiteBond III. It claims to be waterproof but I have not found it to be so.

Likes berkeman
Thanks for the reply, I have not try anything, I cannot afford to make mistake, so I ask first. Do you have an epoxy brand you can recommend?

I vote for the silicone. It will likely work well but if it doesn't it is probably removable with a blade.
Be certain the surfaces are absolutely dry.

1. What type of glue should I use for a Corian shower stall?

For a Corian shower stall, it is recommended to use a two-part, acrylic-based adhesive specifically designed for Corian. This type of glue will provide a strong and durable bond for your shower stall.

2. Can I use regular construction adhesive for a Corian shower stall?

No, regular construction adhesive is not suitable for a Corian shower stall. Corian requires a special adhesive that is designed to bond with solid surface materials like Corian. Using regular construction adhesive can result in a weak bond and potential damage to your shower stall.

3. How do I apply the glue to my Corian shower stall?

The best way to apply the glue to your Corian shower stall is to use a notched trowel. This will help ensure an even and consistent application of the adhesive. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the specific type of adhesive you are using.

4. How long does the glue take to dry on a Corian shower stall?

The drying time for the glue will vary depending on the type of adhesive you are using. Generally, it can take anywhere from 24-48 hours for the adhesive to fully cure. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for the recommended drying time before using the shower stall.

5. Can I use any type of adhesive remover to remove excess glue from my Corian shower stall?

No, it is important to use an adhesive remover specifically designed for Corian. Using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials can damage the surface of your shower stall. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for the proper use of the adhesive remover.