1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need guidance on possible job requirements

1. Aug 23, 2005 #1
    Hi everyone... my name is darya, new to the forums and searching for possible job advice. I have a masters degree in applied physics from UMASS Boston. I have graduated for 5 years and am having difficulty finding a job related to my major. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Darya

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 23, 2005 #2
    You're probably looking for the wrong types of jobs. When you say "a job related to your major", you are probably only focusing on physicist positions. However, with a master's in appleid physics, you have a lot of options in the field of engineering. Look for those too.

In fact, usually to get anything better than a technician's job specifically in the field of physics, you need a PhD. However, there are lots of engineering jobs out there that would be easily filled by a master of applied physics. After all, applied physics can be considered 'engineering physics'.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?