Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need hellp with comsol

1. Apr 13, 2008 #1

I need some help with Comsol Multiphysics. I want to know can I use this software to solve a system of ODEs only. If so, how can I do this.

Best regards.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2008 #2

please can any help me. This is important.

4. Apr 16, 2008 #3

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would say that there are better-suited programs to deal with systems of ODE's than COMSOL. I don't think its possible, but I'm not a COMSOL user.
  5. Oct 24, 2008 #4

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes you can, but if your problem doesn't specifically require it would recommend something else like Matlab, Mathematica etc (shooting mosquitoes with a cannon like of a thing). If your problem fits some of the existing application modes then you can pick such, if not, use for example the PDE forms to formulate it.
  6. Mar 26, 2009 #5
    Hello everybody
    I have a problem with Comsol 3.4 installation, it doesn't run after the installation is finished.
    I get the following COMSOL Error: "No class com/femlab/gui/Femlab on classpath."
    I've tried to uninstall but also unsuccessful, I get the message:"EXIT FAILURE: Failed to load uninstallation components." and "Can't find comsol.opts file".
    The question is whether there is a solution to uninstall the program and where the comsol.opts file has to be placed so it could be found during the uninstallation (I have the file but I don't know the directory where it should be placed)

I'll appreciate your help.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?