Need help, but dont know where this post should go

• Thread starter !Live_4Ever!
  • Start date
In summary, the person is struggling with finding articles for their computer science course. They asked for suggestions and were recommended The Register website and the use of Google. The conversation also suggests that the person may have misunderstood the assignment and there are other options for finding articles such as libraries.
!Live_4Ever!
Hi, I am in desperate need of assistance I took a Computer science course this year, and I apparently need to read an article and write a report on that article once a week.

My question is, where can I get a constant stream of articles regarding Computer Science? I did an article on Quantum Comptuers last week, but I am totally stuck for this week...

Thanks a bunch..

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know if it will give you the kind of thing you need, but one site I like a lot is The Register:

http://www.theregister.com/

Think of it as IT with attitude.

!Live_4Ever! said:
Hi, I am in desperate need of assistance I took a Computer science course this year, and I apparently need to read an article and write a report on that article once a week.

My question is, where can I get a constant stream of articles regarding Computer Science? I did an article on Quantum Comptuers last week, but I am totally stuck for this week...

Thanks a bunch..

Google.

That is what I did in my CSC Seminar Class.

Actually, the way you wrote it, I thought for a moment you were to find one article and write a report on that article every week!

Surely your library, school library or public library, carries computer magazines? Not everything depends on the internet!

HallsofIvy said:
Actually, the way you wrote it, I thought for a moment you were to find one article and write a report on that article every week!

Surely your library, school library or public library, carries computer magazines? Not everything depends on the internet!

Why, HallsofIvy, I'm surprised at you. Didn't you know that all sources of printed material have shut down since Senator Gore invented the Internet?

What does "Need help, but dont know where this post should go" mean?

This phrase typically refers to someone asking for assistance or advice but not being sure which category or forum is the most appropriate to post their question in.

Why is it important to post in the correct category or forum?

Posting in the correct category or forum ensures that your question or request will be seen by the right audience and increases your chances of receiving a helpful response. It also helps to keep the forum organized and makes it easier for others to find relevant information.

How can I determine the appropriate category or forum for my post?

Most forums or websites will have a list of categories or topics that you can browse through to find the most relevant one for your post. You can also use the search function to see if your question has already been asked and answered in a specific category.

What should I do if I am still unsure where to post my question?

If you are still unsure, you can reach out to a moderator or administrator of the forum for guidance. They are typically experienced in the forum's categories and can point you in the right direction.

Why is it important to provide enough detail in my post?

Providing enough detail in your post helps others understand your question or request and can lead to more accurate and helpful responses. It also shows that you have put effort into your post and are serious about finding a solution.