Conquer Your Engineering Rivalry: Defeating Prof with Expert Solutions

• Thread starter turbotrip
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help to solve a challenge given by their engineering professor. The student is asking for a correct solution to show their professor and win the challenge. However, they are reminded of the forum rules that require them to show effort in solving the problem and not post complete solutions. The conversation also includes some equations and a link to a helpful resource for solving the problem.
turbotrip
Well here's the deal, i kinda have this rivalry going on with this one engineering proff so naturally i took on a challenge from him that i couldn't find the answer to this problem. I don't have to understand it or be able to solve it even (because its a lot more advanced then our class), but I just need a correct solution to show him and he will admit defeat. So for all of you out there who have ever wanted to get back at your professors, please help me defeat mine LOL :tongue:

Attachments

• Untitled.gif
    Untitled.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 463
Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunatly for you, the rules of our fourms state that you need to show that you have made some effort to solve the problem. We do not post complete solutions.

oh man this stuff is pretty tough, but ill give it a try:

Fmax = (static) * (normal force)
That should give you your maximum in the static friction condition

(linear acceleration) = Mu(kinetic) * N
F=ma will give you acceleration

Static friction x radius = torque
torque / angular moment = angular acceleration
angular acceleration x radius = linear acceleration
static friction + ma should be your total force

For the second part, since it breaks static friction, angular acceleration is no longer related to linear acceleration

and that's about as far as i got

Last edited:
This might be useful
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/mi.html

No slip implies the radial velocity of the surface of the disc is equal in magnitude to the linear velocity of the cm of the disc.

There is the force associated with translation as well as rotation.

1. How can I defeat Prof?

Defeating Prof can be challenging, but there are a few strategies you can try. First, make sure you have a strong team of Pokémon with diverse types and moves. Use type advantages to your advantage and switch out Pokémon if they are weak against Prof's Pokémon. Also, pay attention to Prof's moves and try to predict and counter them. Finally, make use of healing items and status-affecting moves to gain an advantage.

2. What is Prof's weakness?

Prof's weakness varies depending on the game you are playing, but his strongest Pokémon often have a weakness to Fighting, Ground, and/or Electric types. It's important to have a diverse team so you can take advantage of these weaknesses. Additionally, Prof may have different types of Pokémon on his team, so it's important to pay attention and adapt your strategy accordingly.

3. How do I prepare for the battle against Prof?

Before facing Prof, make sure your Pokémon are at a high level and have strong moves. You should also stock up on healing items and status-affecting moves to use during the battle. It's also a good idea to research Prof's team beforehand so you know what to expect and can plan your strategy accordingly.

4. What happens if I lose to Prof?

If you lose to Prof, you will likely have to restart the battle and try again. However, some games may have a feature where you can pay a fee to retry the battle without having to start over. It's important to save your game before facing Prof so you can easily restart if needed.

5. Are there any special rewards for defeating Prof?

Depending on the game, defeating Prof may result in receiving a badge, TM, or other in-game rewards. In some cases, you may also unlock new areas or features in the game. Additionally, defeating Prof may also give you a sense of accomplishment and help you progress further in the game.