1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help explaining these things - related to vision

1. Nov 16, 2003 #1
    Experiment 1:

Rotate your dominant leg clockwise and use your dominant hand to write the number 8 on a piece of paper. Do the same thing except rotate the other leg. What are the results and why?

I kknow that its easier to do the second scenario but how can I explain it? All I can think of is that two parts are controlled by opposite sides of the body.....help???? Why is it easier?

Experiment 2:

can u predict right or left eye dominance based on handedness? The experiments makes u hold a pencil up to a corner of the room, then u close each eye, and when you close your eye, once u open it, the one in which the pencil moves more is dominant.

My results were inconclusive but I dont know how to explain it

Experiment 3:

Stare at a red dot on a piece of paper for about 20 seconds. Turn the paper over, what do you see, and why?

I saw a bluish circle and I think its because I used all the red cones so I used the ones i have left, but why is it blue and how do I explain the rest of it?

help with this is greatly appreciated, the sooner the better, my lab book is due monday november 17 at 12:40 pm EST, so please....hurry

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2003 #2

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I'll ask dark wing to come and have a look at these for you....

4. Nov 17, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Look on the web for a circle diagram that depicts the complementary colors, red and blue are opposites..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?