Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help explaining these things - related to vision

1. Nov 16, 2003 #1
    Experiment 1:

Rotate your dominant leg clockwise and use your dominant hand to write the number 8 on a piece of paper. Do the same thing except rotate the other leg. What are the results and why?

I kknow that its easier to do the second scenario but how can I explain it? All I can think of is that two parts are controlled by opposite sides of the body.....help???? Why is it easier?

Experiment 2:

can u predict right or left eye dominance based on handedness? The experiments makes u hold a pencil up to a corner of the room, then u close each eye, and when you close your eye, once u open it, the one in which the pencil moves more is dominant.

My results were inconclusive but I dont know how to explain it

Experiment 3:

Stare at a red dot on a piece of paper for about 20 seconds. Turn the paper over, what do you see, and why?

I saw a bluish circle and I think its because I used all the red cones so I used the ones i have left, but why is it blue and how do I explain the rest of it?

help with this is greatly appreciated, the sooner the better, my lab book is due monday november 17 at 12:40 pm EST, so please....hurry
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2003 #2

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I'll ask dark wing to come and have a look at these for you....
  4. Nov 17, 2003 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Look on the web for a circle diagram that depicts the complementary colors, red and blue are opposites..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?