Need help explaining these things - related to vision (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Experiment 1:

Rotate your dominant leg clockwise and use your dominant hand to write the number 8 on a piece of paper. Do the same thing except rotate the other leg. What are the results and why?

I kknow that its easier to do the second scenario but how can I explain it? All I can think of is that two parts are controlled by opposite sides of the body.....help???? Why is it easier?

Experiment 2:

can u predict right or left eye dominance based on handedness? The experiments makes u hold a pencil up to a corner of the room, then u close each eye, and when you close your eye, once u open it, the one in which the pencil moves more is dominant.

My results were inconclusive but I dont know how to explain it

Experiment 3:

Stare at a red dot on a piece of paper for about 20 seconds. Turn the paper over, what do you see, and why?

I saw a bluish circle and I think its because I used all the red cones so I used the ones i have left, but why is it blue and how do I explain the rest of it?

help with this is greatly appreciated, the sooner the better, my lab book is due monday november 17 at 12:40 pm EST, so please....hurry

Another God

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
I'll ask dark wing to come and have a look at these for you....

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by adeel
Experiment 3:

Stare at a red dot on a piece of paper for about 20 seconds. Turn the paper over, what do you see, and why?

I saw a bluish circle and I think its because I used all the red cones so I used the ones i have left, but why is it blue and how do I explain the rest of it?
Look on the web for a circle diagram that depicts the complementary colors, red and blue are opposites..

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving