Find LCD in Graphics Mode w/ Datasheet & Bar-Graph LCDs

• Thread starter EvLer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lcd
In summary, the person is looking for an LCD in graphics mode with a good datasheet, preferably a bar-graph LCD. They are asking for help in finding a part number or keyword to search for. Someone suggests using Hitachi LCDs, as they are easy to use and have available datasheets. They also mention that broken phones, specifically Panasonic home phones, can be a source for obtaining these LCDs. The person thanks them and says they have found what they need.
EvLer
I need to find an LCD that operates in graphics mode with a decent datasheet. Actually what i really need is a bar-graph LCD but i cannot find one! If someone could direct me to either part number or a key-word that would give me a good list of items that would be GREATLY appreciated... because i cannot find what i am looking for!
Thank in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hitachi

We used Hitachi LCDs for our microcontrollers lab... very easy to use... datasheets are available on the net... and you can easily obtain one from a broken phone such as panasonic home phones.. & I think they have built in drivers 2..

check this out..
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ih/doc/lcd/

Sweet! i think i found what i need ... thanks guys, that is helpful!

1. What is an LCD?

An LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is a type of flat panel display commonly used in electronic devices such as calculators, digital watches, and computer monitors. It consists of an array of tiny pixels that can be turned on or off to display text, images, or videos.

2. What is the role of the LCD in graphics mode?

In graphics mode, the LCD serves as a visual interface for displaying graphics and data. It allows for a more intuitive and engaging user experience by providing a visual representation of information.

3. How do you find the LCD in graphics mode?

The LCD in graphics mode can be found by consulting the datasheet provided by the manufacturer. The datasheet contains information about the display's specifications, including its resolution, color depth, and interface protocol.

4. What is a bar-graph LCD?

A bar-graph LCD is a type of LCD that displays data in the form of horizontal or vertical bars. It is commonly used in electronic devices such as audio equipment, medical devices, and industrial control systems.

5. What are the benefits of using a bar-graph LCD?

The benefits of using a bar-graph LCD include its ability to display numerical data in a clear and easy-to-read format, its compact size, and its low power consumption. It is also highly customizable and can be programmed to display a wide range of data types and formats.