Find Mathematical & Physical Expression Software | Get Help Now

• Thread starter Oerg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, there are several options for software that can display mathematical and physical expressions. If you are looking for a word-processing application, MS Word includes an equation editor, but LaTeX and MathType are also good options. If you need more advanced features, LaTeX is recommended, while MathType is more easily integrated with Word. Overall, it depends on your specific needs and usage.
Oerg
Where can I get a software which could display mathematical and physical expressions? I need it. Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "display"?

Your web browser can display mathematical expressions.

Are you looking for a word-processing kind of application so you can WRITE formulae?

If so, MS Word includes an equation editor (not very good, but it works). If you're serious, LaTeX is a good option. Alternatively, can buy various packages which do that kind of thing.

If it's the other "display" can start for example from the one below ... if you got something specific people can flood you with recommendations.

http://www.csc.fi/math_topics/Software.html

Last edited by a moderator:
ehh, something that can let me type out these expressions and print it.

"Ranking" IMO :

1) LaTeX http://www.latex-project.org/ (I'm using MikTex with TeXnicCenter since last week or so)
2) MathType http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/
3) Word's etc. default eq. editor

... depends quite a bit on what you need ... heavy duty stuff and 'best' print out 1), want the 'best' integrable to word 2) ... need to do a few here and there can do e.g. with the word default editor.

Thanks for your reply. Ill give it a try!

1. What is the best software for my specific needs?

The answer to this question depends on what your specific needs are. There are many different types of software available, each designed for a specific purpose. It's important to research and compare different options to find the one that best fits your needs.

2. How do I know if the software is reliable and trustworthy?

One way to determine the reliability and trustworthiness of a software is to read reviews and ratings from other users. You can also look for certifications or awards that the software has received, as these can indicate its quality and reliability.

3. Is there a free or open-source option available?

Yes, there are often free or open-source alternatives to paid software. These can be a great option for those on a budget or looking to support open-source development. However, it's important to carefully evaluate the features and support of these options before choosing them.

4. How do I ensure that the software is compatible with my device?

Before downloading or purchasing software, make sure to check the system requirements to ensure compatibility with your device. This information is usually available on the software's website or in the product description.

5. Can I get technical support or assistance if I have trouble using the software?

Many software companies offer technical support for their products. It's important to research and understand the level of support that is included with your purchase or subscription. You can also reach out to the software company directly for assistance with any technical issues you may encounter.