1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help finishing my lab

1. Nov 30, 2008 #1
    Need help finishing my lab....

I am having a hard time completing my lab. I was given 13 chemicals and have to draw the Lewis dot structure, there 3-D structures, Shape, Hybridization, bond angles, Polarity, and there Intermolecular forces. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the Shape (Linear, Trigonal planar,...) and Hybridization of the chemicals. I was told some of them have more then one shape in the bond. H2O, CH3OH, C2H5OH, CH3COOH, CH3COCH3, C6H14, NaCl, CaCO3, C10H8, C6H4OHCOOH, C6H12O6, C6H8O6, C40H56......I know it is a lot but any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

Re: Need help finishing my lab....

You just don't ask. You try, you tell us what you did, we push you in the right direction.
  4. Dec 1, 2008 #3
    Re: Need help finishing my lab....

I did try....I did everything I just dont really get the shape and hybridization thing....But I can figure it out I just have one more question....How do you draw a Lewis dot structure and a 3-D structure for something tat shares double bonds....I can draw one of them i don't know if its the 3-D or the Lewis dot....
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?