Need help for a bobbin machine

• Thread starter brout
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Machine
In summary, the inventor is trying to create a bobbin machine that will provide a constant tension on the wire. He has an electrical motor which will provide the rotating vitess, but he is unsure of how to provide a constant speed. He is also only in a second year of engineering school and is not looking for a more evolved technical system.
brout
Here's my main problem to concieve a bobbin machine...

I've got an electrical motor which provides a constant rotating vitess.. and i want, in the end, to make the bobbin rotating and assuring a constant tension on the wire. If you have any idea of a simple mechanical system to do that... thanks ;)

I don't know if that's clear enough.. first sorry for the possible english mistakes ;) .. then i haven't totally understand myself :))

Thanx anyway...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ok, from what I can gather you are trying to wind string onto some kind of spindle (I can't say I know what you mean by a vitess). Is the bobbin going to be rotating at constant speed?

How critical is it that the tension is constant? You might want to have a look at things like fishing reels. Try the Shimano website, I seem to recall it was good for technical info about bike components.

Thx for the information...
just to be clearer i'll try to explain the problem more precisely.
So, as you guessed, i meant that a constant rotating speed (instead of vitess :S) is provided by the motor. But the wire arrives from an extrusion machine with a certain speed (maybe not constant). Then without any specific system the tension will depend on this speed and the radius of the reel. Here's the problem...
I've eard that a simple system exists (like one used in magnetopones...) but i can't find anything about it..

Ah, you meant speed, as in the french 'vitesse', I get it...

How tightly does the wire need to be wound on the reel? Would having some slack between the drum and the extrusion machine provide enough tension, this would also allow for the extrusion speed not being constant.

well.. there's no real precision about the tension.. only that it also have to be reglable, so it might have to be wound tightly i presume.
As far as I've understand my problem :) I need something that regulates itself, like something disconnecting when it is forcing too much.. but it's quite confused in my mind as you may have seen.

Also I'm only in a second year of engineer school, so I'm not looking for too evolved technical system...

1. What is a bobbin machine?

A bobbin machine is a type of sewing machine that uses a bobbin to hold the thread that is used to create stitches on fabric. The bobbin is placed underneath the needle and is responsible for creating the bottom thread of the stitch.

2. How do I use a bobbin machine?

To use a bobbin machine, first thread the machine by following the instructions in the manual. Then, insert the bobbin into the bobbin case and place it in the machine. Pull the thread through the needle and start sewing. The bobbin will automatically release thread as you sew.

3. What should I do if the bobbin machine gets jammed?

If the bobbin machine gets jammed, first turn off the machine and unplug it. Carefully remove any fabric or thread that may be caught in the machine. Check the needle and bobbin to make sure they are not bent or damaged. If the problem persists, consult the manual or contact a professional for assistance.

4. How often should I clean and maintain my bobbin machine?

It is recommended to clean and maintain your bobbin machine after every use. This includes removing any lint or debris from the bobbin case and needle area, as well as oiling the machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Regular maintenance will ensure that your machine continues to function properly.

5. What are some common issues with bobbin machines and how can I fix them?

Some common issues with bobbin machines include thread tension problems, needle breakage, and skipped stitches. These can often be fixed by adjusting the tension, replacing the needle, or rethreading the machine. If the issue persists, consult the manual or seek professional help.