Mastering Signal Functions: Expert Answers to Your Questions

• Thread starter kevin_obl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the delta function representation of a sine wave in the time and frequency domains. The height of the delta function represents the amplitude of the sine wave and its position along the frequency axis represents its frequency. The answers to question 2 appear to be correct. The person also asks for a visual representation and help with adding and multiplying functions together.
kevin_obl
Hi, Just got some question with some function.. which I'm not really sure about the answer!

Question as below

1-1.jpg

My answer for Question 1
3-2.jpg

Is that the right way to present the signal?

My answer for Question 2

For f(t-2)
ft-2.jpg

For f(2-t)
f2-t.jpg

For f(-t)
f-t.jpg

For -f(t) [Not really sure about this] Am I do it correctly?
-ft.jpg

Mathematics news on Phys.org
A sine wave in the time domain has a delta function representation in the frequency domain. The height of the delta function is related to the amplitude of the sine wave; the position along the frequency axis is related to the frequency of the sine wave. Obviously, smaller period implies higher frequency.

The answers to question 2 appear to be correct.

- Warren

chroot said:
A sine wave in the time domain has a delta function representation in the frequency domain. The height of the delta function is related to the amplitude of the sine wave; the position along the frequency axis is related to the frequency of the sine wave. Obviously, smaller period implies higher frequency.

The answers to question 2 appear to be correct.

- Warren

Am I doing it wrongly?? Since the amplitudes are given as 0.5 for part a) and part c) and 1 for part b).. That's why I just wrote them on the frequency domain.
Is that any possible way for you to show me something in picture?? Thank Alot for your help.. Appreciated

Anyone here know how to add and multiply two function together??

Question Part1
1-1.jpg

Question Part2
2-1.jpg

What does it mean to need help from an expert?

Needing help from an expert means seeking assistance or guidance from someone who has advanced knowledge and experience in a particular subject or field.

Why would someone need help from an expert?

There are many reasons why someone may need help from an expert, including encountering a complex problem or task that requires specialized knowledge, seeking a second opinion or confirmation, or wanting to learn from someone with expertise in a specific area.

Who can be considered an expert?

An expert is someone who has extensive knowledge, training, and experience in a particular subject or field. This can include professionals, academics, researchers, and individuals who have dedicated a significant amount of time and effort to mastering a specific topic.

How can I find an expert to help me?

You can find an expert to help you by doing research online, asking for recommendations from colleagues or friends, attending conferences or seminars, or reaching out to professional organizations or institutions related to the subject matter you need help with.

What should I consider when seeking help from an expert?

When seeking help from an expert, it is important to consider their qualifications, experience, and reputation. You should also communicate clearly and openly about your needs and expectations, and be willing to compensate the expert for their time and services.