1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Help Getting Started

1. Apr 16, 2009 #1
    Hello everyone,
    I started back to school a couple of years ago pursuing a BS in mechanical engineering. I'm moving at a snails pace just able to take a night class or two a semester getting my math, science, and physics out of the way at a local Jr collage. But I haven't got to any actual engineering classes yet. My wife has recently finished her bachelor of science and the last few weeks been going to interviews for pharmacy schools. To day we received her acceptance to Belmont University in Nashville, TN so we will be moving down in the fall. What I'm wondering is since I will have to find a new job down there I would like to get some experience in the engineering field with my new job but I don't know where people usually get started in this. I'm mostly interested in power plants or manufacturing settings and am wondering if these places usually have people or a team maybe who work in there engineering department under the engineers to gain there work experience before they graduate.

Any insight or advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Jacob

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted