Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help in Fortran

1. Dec 24, 2012 #1
    I've recently stated using Fortran (I downloaded 'Silverfrost') and am hitting a block. I've learned the basics, but I can't find any more tutorials.

My professor (who I plan on doing research for) suggests that I get familiar with Fortran, especially integration of functions. I do not have the strongest comp-sci background, so if anyone knows of any websites, tutorials, or any type of guide out there for Fortran, I would appreciate some help; or even personal advice!

Obviously, being on the internet I've searched for one, but I haven't came back with much luck.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2012 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

you might try looking at the Open Source Physics website www.compadre.org/osp where they use java to do comp simulations of physics. There are sample simulations that integrate the equations of motion for pendulums and springs... that can give you an idea on how its done.

4. Dec 25, 2012 #3
  5. Dec 27, 2012 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  6. Jan 13, 2013 #5
    Did you need to order the book, or did you download it online?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook