1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Help in Model Rocket Question

1. Sep 27, 2004 #1
    Hi, This is my first question and I am very stuck on it. I really need your help on this as this is due tomorrow and I just found out this forum today.

Q) A model rocket is launched straight upward with an intial speed of 50.0 m/s. It accelerates with a constant upward acceleration of 2.00m/s^2 untill its engine stop at an altitude of 150m.

(a) What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?

(b) How long after lift-off does the rocket reach its maximum height?

(c) How Long is the rocket in the air?

Thanks a lot for all the help that will be given to me. :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2004 #2
    Anyone, I really need help in this...

Thanks

4. Sep 27, 2004 #3
  5. Sep 27, 2004 #4
    Sirus, thats the first one I looked at and my question is not close at all....

6. Sep 27, 2004 #5
    Your problem (copy and pasted):

"Q) A model rocket is launched straight upward with an intial speed of 50.0 m/s. It accelerates with a constant upward acceleration of 2.00m/s^2 untill its engine stop at an altitude of 150m.
    (a) What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?
    (b) How long after lift-off does the rocket reach its maximum height?
    (c) How Long is the rocket in the air?"

Her problem (also copy and pasted):

"A model rocket is launched straight upward with an initial speed of 49.5 m/s. It accelerates with a constantupward acceleration of 1.83 m/s^2 until its engines stop at an altitude of 132.0 m.
    A.What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?
    B.How long after lift-off does it take for the rocket to reach its maximum height?
    C.How long is the rocket in the air"

How are these not close at all?

Anyways, what have you done so far and where are you having trouble?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?