1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help in thermodynamics

1. Feb 23, 2015 #1
    So tomorrow I am taking a test and I want you to tell me if there are some kind of "tricks" in thermodynamics that I should keep in mind and your methodology I mean the way you think when you see the problem
    Thanks
    ( first and second law of thermodynamics)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2015 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

System + surroundings = universe. Systems may be open (exchange mass and energy with surroundings), closed exchange energy with surroundings, or isolated.

4. Feb 23, 2015 #3

Suraj M

Gold Member

OP, I just feel that everyone's method of attacking a problem is different, my method might not work out for you. It comes with practice,If you have worked out enough number of problems on your own, this exam of yours should not be a problem
    But even then remember all your formulas. Don't miss out words like isothermic when they ask you to find out change in internal energy, i speak from experience!
    ##ALL~ THE~ BEST##

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook