1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Help On Degree Path

1. Nov 11, 2012 #1
    Hello forum.

I am currently a high school student, and I am planning out which college I will go to, as well as my degree I want to pursue. I am very interested in getting a job in the aerospace field. I recently took a tour of my dream school, and there was really nothing about it that I didn't like! Except for one thing... It has no Aerospace Engineering degree. This school is known for its engineering programs, and it does offer a great Mechanical Engineering program. In this program, I can specialize in areas such as thermodynamics and aerodynamics, two key areas of aerospace engineering.

In my area, there are very few schools offering the specific degree I wand, and all of them are very expensive and very inconvenient. I was wondering if I could still get a job in the field that I wish to enter with a mechanical engineering degree. For one, this would also open up many ore fallback jobs in case I have trouble with that. Another thought that I had was perhaps going on to get my masters in aerospace engineering afterwards.

I have been told by several people that this is the path that I should take, but I wanted some help from this forum. What does everyone think that I should do?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted