Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Help On Electrical Potential Energy!

1. Jan 31, 2005 #1
    I need help on these ?'s. They are very confusing to me. Can someone please help me.
    -Here they are:

>Two charges are located along the x-axis. ONe has a charge of 6.4 micro C, and the second has a charge of -3.2 micro C. If the electrical potential energy associated with the pair of charges is -4.1x10 to the -2 J, what is the distance between the charges?

>A charge moves a distance of 2.0 cm in the direction of a uniform electric field having a magnitude of 215 N/C. The electrical potential energy of the charge decreases by 6.9x10 to the -19 J as it moves. Find the magnitude of the charge on the moving particle. (Hint: The electrical potential energy depends on the distance moved in the direction of the field.)

>Two alpha particles (helium Nuclei), each consisting of two protons and two neutrons, have and electrical potential energy of 6.32x10 to the -19 J. What is the distance between these particles at this time?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2005 #2
    I'm assuming this is homework and you aren't just doing these for fun, so we need to see you attempt the problems first.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?