Need help on energy equasions please

• Thread starter noorjabaieh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Energy
In summary, energy equations are mathematical representations of energy conservation that can be used to calculate energy in a system or transfer between systems. It is important to understand these equations for predicting and controlling energy transfer, making informed decisions about energy usage, and for various fields such as engineering, physics, and chemistry. These equations consider all forms of energy, including kinetic, potential, thermal, chemical, and electromagnetic energy. To solve these equations, one must identify the different forms of energy, assign variables, and use mathematical operations to manipulate the equations while considering the units of measurement. Energy efficiency can also be calculated using these equations by comparing useful energy output to total energy input.
noorjabaieh
Need help on energy equations please!

Homework Statement

I need help on this homework question please i don't know how to solve it

Homework Equations

how many calories of heat are released by 25 g of water as it drops in temperature from 77 degrees c to 50 degrees c ( 1 cal= 4.18)

The Attempt at a Solution

I don't know which equation i should use
Q= cmDeltaT ?

Physics news on Phys.org
try it.

I would be happy to assist you with your energy equation question. The equation you suggested, Q= cmDeltaT, is the correct equation to use for this problem. This equation represents the amount of heat (Q) released by a substance, which is equal to the mass (m) of the substance multiplied by its specific heat capacity (c) and the change in temperature (DeltaT). In this case, the mass of water is 25 g and the specific heat capacity of water is 4.18 cal/g°C. The change in temperature is 77°C-50°C = 27°C. Plugging in these values into the equation, we get Q = (25g)(4.18 cal/g°C)(27°C) = 2794.5 cal. Therefore, the amount of heat released by 25 g of water as it drops in temperature from 77°C to 50°C is 2794.5 calories. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

1. What are energy equations?

Energy equations are mathematical representations of energy conservation, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed. These equations can be used to calculate the amount of energy in a system or the energy transfer between different systems.

2. Why is it important to understand energy equations?

Understanding energy equations is important for many reasons. It allows us to predict and control energy transfer in various systems, which is crucial for many fields such as engineering, physics, and chemistry. Additionally, having a grasp of energy equations can help us make informed decisions about energy usage and conservation.

3. What are the different types of energy included in energy equations?

Energy equations take into account all forms of energy, including kinetic energy (energy of motion), potential energy (energy of position), thermal energy (heat), chemical energy (energy stored in chemical bonds), and electromagnetic energy (energy of light and other electromagnetic waves).

4. How do you solve energy equations?

Solving energy equations involves identifying the different forms of energy present in a system, assigning variables, and then using mathematical operations to manipulate the equations to solve for the desired variable. It is important to carefully consider the units of measurement used and to apply the correct equations for the specific scenario.

5. Can energy equations be used to calculate energy efficiency?

Yes, energy equations can be used to calculate energy efficiency by comparing the amount of useful energy output to the total energy input. This can help identify areas for improvement and optimize energy usage in various systems.