1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need Help on Physic Homework

1. Apr 28, 2009 #1
    1st of all please give me some guidance since im a new here and please remind me if im do wrong in term of my wrongly area of posting, i just want to make some freinds and to share the knowledge wif all of u guys, thanks for supporting and thanks for all ur help and guide

thanks agains

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/20/22129520.png [Broken]

i need ur help regarding this, ive tried by my self but im soo sure that ive done wrongly

here it comes
    the figure shows that how i oversizing the hex 1/2" nut by oversizing machine. the pressure which is 3.5kg/mm sq is push the nut thru the tapper of a 100 mm length. how can i determine the time taken,t for the nut to going thru the 100mm tapper

here is the detail that may required

size of nut: 1/2 inch hexagonal nut (internal dia of nut = 1/2 inch)
    pressure, P: 3.5kg/mm sq
    tapper length,L: 100mm
    Power of machine: 5HP
    Speed: 750 rpm
    time, t = ???

i

2. Relevant equations

when im try to solve the problem, im using this equation
    1. P=Fa (find F)
    2. W=F x S (find W) work = f x s
    3. P= W/ t (find t) power = w/t

3. The attempt at a solution

ive once try to determine the force exist by P=F/A:
    then once i get the F, ive determine the work done by W=F x S;
    lastly ive tried to find the time,t by using P= W/t which is P is a power of machine while W is a work done

but im not satisfied with the answer that i got,

here is my work

can anybody correct me if im wrong or giving me for some tips or correct formula on how to done iti would very great of any possible idea and i'll tried by myself before refer to all of u back

if u hv any question or didnt understand wif the question, please ask me and i would really great to explain

thanks again

regards

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 28, 2009 #2
    is it i need to consider such as angular velocity or torque or anything that i misconsidered?

4. Apr 28, 2009 #3
    thanks 4 those who r viewing my thread, i still hv no idea wif this question except for my trial solution, any idea would be please

5. Apr 28, 2009 #4
    still hv no idea mates?
    im might be offline for a while and i'll update any of ur question (if have) later and i will because this is quite important to me

thanks mate

6. Apr 28, 2009 #5
    anybody???need ur favor and thanks

p/s:if im done it in wrong section or maybe my way is a bit annoying pls to let me know as i can manage myself to do it rite

7. Apr 28, 2009 #6
  8. Apr 29, 2009 #7
    can i know why am i didnt get any reply?
    is it im do it in wrong way?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook