Rocket Science Enthusiast Seeks Guidance and Help from Aerospace Graduates

In summary, a 15-year-old enthusiast is seeking guidance from aerospace graduates on a forum to help perfect their ideas for launch vehicles. The forum encourages open dialog and suggests starting threads to discuss questions and receive help.
Skanda Sundaresan
Summary:: Looking for people who can guide me in what I want to pursue

I am a 15 year old and I am an enthusiast. I have been fascinated by rocket science and I have been learning some advanced rocket science principles from the past year. I have a few Ideas for Launch Vehicles and would like to know if anyone else is interested in helping me perfect those ideas. I request all the aerospace graduates on this forum to help me in perfecting this idea. If anyone of you would like to help me please contact me

[personal information removed by a mentor]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Skanda Sundaresan said:
Summary:: Looking for people who can guide me in what I want to pursue

I am a 15 year old and I am an enthusiast. I have been fascinated by rocket science and I have been learning some advanced rocket science principles from the past year. I have a few Ideas for Launch Vehicles and would like to know if anyone else is interested in helping me perfect those ideas. I request all the aerospace graduates on this forum to help me in perfecting this idea. If anyone of you would like to help me please contact me

[personal information removed by a mentor]
That's not how discussion forums like the PF work. We encourage open dialog, not private meet-ups. As you learn more about science and rocketry, feel free to start threads to discuss your questions. If they are schoolwork questions, post in the Homework Help forums, and be sure to show your best efforts to work the problems.

If they are general technical questions, start a thread in the appropriate forum (in Physics or Engineering, etc.), post links to the reading you have been doing, and ask about what is confusing you. You will get good help that way. :smile:

What is rocket science?

Rocket science is the study and application of principles and technologies related to rockets and spacecraft. It involves a wide range of disciplines such as physics, mathematics, engineering, and computer science.

What qualifications do I need to become a rocket scientist?

To become a rocket scientist, you typically need a degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field. You may also need to have strong skills in mathematics, physics, and computer programming.

What kind of work do rocket scientists do?

Rocket scientists may work in a variety of areas, including research and development, design and construction of rockets and spacecraft, and testing and analysis. They may also be involved in planning and executing space missions.

What skills are important for a rocket scientist?

In addition to technical knowledge in areas such as mathematics, physics, and engineering, rocket scientists also need strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. They must also be able to work well in teams and have a strong attention to detail.

What advice do you have for someone interested in becoming a rocket scientist?

My advice would be to focus on building a strong foundation in math and science, and to pursue a degree in a relevant field. Take advantage of internships or research opportunities to gain practical experience and network with professionals in the field. It's also important to stay updated on advancements in the industry and continuously develop your skills and knowledge.