Need help w/ magnetics & magnetic wave

In summary, a student is seeking help with their physics homework and provides their contact information. The conversation also briefly discusses the concepts of attraction and repulsion of charges and magnets, the production of a magnetic field, and the effects of a magnetic field on charged particles and current-carrying wires. It also mentions the use of a galvanometer as a current detector and the largest magnet in the world being the Earth itself.
physreject
Hello! I would SOOO appreciate any help I could get with this homework of mine!
I just don't understand and my phys instructor is mean!

Anyway, it's Phys 110, so it should be pretty easy for some of you, but it's hard for me...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

You can IM me through yahoo at carlamagee77
or you can email me at
mazdamagee1@hotmail.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!

Physics news on Phys.org
Attraction or repulsion of charges depends on their signs, positives or negatives. Attraction or repulsion of magnets depends on their magnetic _field_(?): ___________ or _________.

Opposite poles attract; like poles (repel?).

A magnetic field is produced by the _change(?)_ of electric charge.

Clusters of magnetically aligned atoms are magnetic _waves_(?).

When a current-carrying wire is made to form a coil around a piece of iron, the result is an _electromagnetic wave_(?).

A charged particle moving in a magnetic field experiences a deflecting ___________ that is maximum when the charge moves __________ to the field.

A current-carrying wire experiences a deflecting ___________ that is maximum when the wire and magnetic field are _______________ to one another.

A simple instrument designed to detect electric current is the _______________; when calibrated to measure current, it is an _______________: when callibrated to measure voltage, it is a _________________.

The largest size magnet in the world is the ____________ itself.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with your physics homework. Magnetics and magnetic waves can be tricky concepts to understand, but don't worry, with a little help and practice, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

First, let's start with the basics. Magnetics refers to the study of magnetic fields and their effects on objects. These fields are created by magnets or moving electric charges. They have both a magnitude and a direction, and can either attract or repel other magnets or magnetic materials.

Magnetic waves, also known as electromagnetic waves, are a type of wave that consists of both electric and magnetic fields oscillating at right angles to each other. They are produced by the acceleration of charged particles and can travel through a vacuum, unlike mechanical waves which require a medium to travel through.

To better understand these concepts, it might be helpful to visualize them. Imagine a bar magnet with a north and south pole. The magnetic field lines emanate from the north pole and loop back into the south pole. These field lines can be thought of as invisible lines of force, and the strength of the magnetic field decreases as you move further away from the magnet.

When it comes to electromagnetic waves, think of them as a series of these magnetic field lines and electric field lines propagating through space in a sinusoidal pattern. The frequency of the wave determines its energy and the wavelength determines its speed.

I hope this brief overview helps you get a better understanding of magnetics and magnetic waves. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to your physics instructor or classmates for additional help. Also, there are plenty of online resources and videos that can provide visual explanations and practice problems. Keep practicing and don't get discouraged, you got this!

What is a magnetic wave?

A magnetic wave is a type of electromagnetic wave that is created by the movement of charged particles, such as electrons. These waves have both electric and magnetic components and can travel through space or a medium, such as air or water.

How do magnets work?

Magnets work by creating a magnetic field around them that exerts a force on other magnets or magnetic materials. This field is created by the alignment of the electrons in the magnet, which creates a north and south pole.

What are the properties of magnets?

The properties of magnets include their ability to attract or repel other magnets, their ability to exert a force on magnetic materials, and their ability to create a magnetic field. They also have two poles, a north and south pole, and can be made from a variety of materials such as iron, cobalt, or nickel.

How can I increase the strength of a magnet?

The strength of a magnet can be increased by adding more magnetic material, increasing the number of coils in an electromagnet, or by using a stronger magnetic material, such as neodymium. Additionally, the distance between two magnets can affect their strength, with closer proximity resulting in a stronger force.

What are some real-world applications of magnets and magnetic waves?

Magnets and magnetic waves have a wide range of applications in our daily lives, including in electricity generation, medical imaging, data storage, and transportation. They are also used in a variety of industrial processes, such as separating materials in recycling and metal production.