1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help w/ magnetics & magnetic wave

1. Mar 10, 2005 #1
    Hello! I would SOOO appreciate any help I could get with this homework of mine!
    I just don't understand and my phys instructor is mean!

Anyway, it's Phys 110, so it should be pretty easy for some of you, but it's hard for me...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

You can IM me through yahoo at carlamagee77
    or you can email me at
    mazdamagee1@hotmail.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP IN ADVANCE!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 10, 2005 #2
    Attraction or repulsion of charges depends on their signs, positives or negatives. Attraction or repulsion of magnets depends on their magnetic _field_(?): ___________ or _________.

Opposite poles attract; like poles (repel?).

A magnetic field is produced by the _change(?)_ of electric charge.

Clusters of magnetically aligned atoms are magnetic _waves_(?).

When a current-carrying wire is made to form a coil around a piece of iron, the result is an _electromagnetic wave_(?).

A charged particle moving in a magnetic field experiences a deflecting ___________ that is maximum when the charge moves __________ to the field.

A current-carrying wire experiences a deflecting ___________ that is maximum when the wire and magnetic field are _______________ to one another.

A simple instrument designed to detect electric current is the _______________; when calibrated to measure current, it is an _______________: when callibrated to measure voltage, it is a _________________.

The largest size magnet in the world is the ____________ itself.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?