Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with ANSYS

1. Aug 11, 2009 #1
    need a tutorial on how to model piezometric material in ansys.. i am working on a project related to piezometric control of vibration..plz need it very urgently!!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2009 #2

minger

Science Advisor

Re: Ansys tutorial

ANSYS HELP
    >Coupled Field Guide
    >>Chapter 2. Direct Coupled-Field Analysis
    >>>2.3 Piezoelectric Analysis

4. Aug 12, 2009 #3

do any body have any tutorial step by step guide like in on piezometric material analysis and simulation??
    plz forwad it too me..
    thank you ...i ll appreciate it.

5. Aug 12, 2009 #4

plz reply someone..plz!!

6. Aug 13, 2009 #5

minger

Science Advisor

I did. The ANSYS help sections are MORE than enough to get you started. Between the theory reference, the analysis guide and the verification manual, I'm not quite sure what else you're looking for.

7. Aug 13, 2009 #6

he asked for a
    :biggrin:

8. Aug 15, 2009 #7

hey no one to answer??

9. Aug 16, 2009 #8

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

No. Not if you are looking for someone to spoon feed you an answer. Minger's response is more than adequate. If you have SPECIFIC questions, by all means ask.

10. Aug 16, 2009 #9

ya i do have a specific question..
    on the beam that i am performing piezometric analysis..i want to set up few electrods on top and bottom..how to do that??further how to give voltage to these electrode..i am a newbie to ansys so plz be with me if my question sounds weird!!
    thnks

11. Aug 16, 2009 #10

Jeez man, stop with these demands for answers to your trivial questions.

(1) Please type in full English
    (2) Next time, don't wait until last minute. A lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on my end.
    (3) Stop spamming for help.

Honestly, a pathetic thread.

12. Aug 21, 2009 #11

hey no answer yet..!!!
    nyways plz guide me on this...how to put point masses on a structure say a flat plate...
    also how to model cfd environment say air around a plate to be analysed..
    also some guidence on natural frequency optimisation...
    plz plz plz

13. Aug 21, 2009 #12

minger

Science Advisor

You wrote threeve, a combination of three and five. Simply amazing. You wagered: texas with a dollar sign in front of it.

I'm speechless.

14. Aug 22, 2009 #13

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

TurdFerguson.png

15. Aug 22, 2009 #14

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

That's awesome. A Turd Ferguson reference.

16. Aug 23, 2009 #15

gud answer!!i appreciate it..
    but come to the point now..and instead of blabbing post somthng to nyones use!

17. Aug 24, 2009 #16

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What you're asking for is a complete rundown of how to use every feature of ANSYS with step-by-step tutorials, which is of course impossible given the setting. The links given for ANSYS tutorials are the only ones that are available, because no one wants to give complete ANSYS training away for free. The most complete documentation you will find that you don't have to pay for is the ANSYS documentation.

So your options are such:
    1. Take a paid training in coupled-physics analysis for ANSYS
    2. Read through the ANSYS documentation manuals and figure it out

There are no free step-by-step tutorials which tell you how to do what you're trying. A piezoelectric model with coupled-CFD is a very advanced, very tricky model to implement. And, as Cyrus said:

• Please type in full words and sentences. I hate having to "decode" your posts (and I suspect others do as well).
    • A lack of planning or training on your part does not constitute an emergency for us.
    • Stop spamming for help. We see your post, but have already helped as much as we can.

18. Aug 24, 2009 #17
    ok..sorry for writing in sms format..and thank you for your guidance..i appreciate it..now i have got the point..and yes..what ever i was looking for,i got that from reading full documentation and from my seniors in my college.
    regards!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook