Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with codeblocks

1. Aug 26, 2013 #1
    when i hit gcc into cmd on windows it replies by saying that "gcc is not recognized as internal or external command and yes i have copied the address of the bin to the environment viariables
    so basically how do i get it running in cmd

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2013 #2
    Towuzzi,

I can try to help with this, but I would like some more information in order to know exactly what you're looking for. Are you trying to compile and run the program to debug it, or are you trying to run a program that is finished and ready for actual use?

The reason that I'm asking, is that you can run/compile your program directly from codeblocks. There's not much of a reason to attempt to run the program directly through the cmd, since codeblocks will automatically run your program in the cmd.

If you insist on running it in cmd, then make sure that the path is written exactly as it should be, any small error in the path will cause throw an error.

I hope this helps.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook