Need help with Daughters physics homework

In summary, to find the magnitude of the magnetic force from a straight wire with a 12 amp current at a distance of 0.11 meters, you can use the equation F = (4π×10^-7 I)/(2πd). This equation is derived from the Biot-Savart law and considers the cylindrical symmetry of the conductor. Remember to use the "right hand" rule to determine the direction of the force. The permeability of free space, denoted as μ0, is 4π×10^-7. For more information, you can refer to the links provided.
frank
Need some help here quick, needs to be turned in in the morning...How do we find the magnitude of the magnetic force from a straight wire with a 12 amp current flowing thru it at a distance of .11 meters? Any help here would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
For further edification--

I believe the equation in Cliff's link is derived from the Biot-Savart law and considerations of cylindrical symmetry of a straight conductor.

[tex] F = \frac {4\pi10^{-7}I} {2\pi d}[/tex]

where
I=current
F=force
d=distance from wire

in order to find the direction of the force you must apply your "right hand" rules. let me know if you need help.

1. Can you explain the concepts my daughter is struggling with in her physics homework?

As a scientist, I can certainly try to help explain the concepts your daughter is struggling with. It would be helpful to know specifically which concepts she is struggling with so I can provide a more thorough explanation.

2. How can I help my daughter improve her understanding of physics?

One way to help your daughter improve her understanding of physics is to encourage her to practice solving problems on her own and then review them together. This will help her apply the concepts she has learned and identify any areas that may still need clarification.

3. My daughter is having difficulty with a specific physics problem, can you walk her through it?

As a scientist, I can provide guidance and tips for solving the problem, but it is important for your daughter to actively work through the problem herself. This will help her develop problem-solving skills and a deeper understanding of the concepts.

4. What resources do you recommend for additional help with my daughter's physics homework?

There are many online resources and study guides available that can provide additional help with physics homework. Some examples include Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. It may also be helpful to consult your daughter's teacher or seek a tutor for one-on-one assistance.

5. How can I encourage my daughter to enjoy learning physics?

One way to encourage your daughter to enjoy learning physics is to relate it to real-world applications and examples. Help her see the relevance and practicality of the concepts being taught. Additionally, try to make the learning experience fun and engaging by incorporating interactive activities or videos.