Need help with electromagnetics

In summary, the conversation is about a request for help with an electromagnetics problem involving the capacitance per unit length of a coaxial transmission line with two layers of dielectrics. The person is unsure of which equations to use and is directed to a website for more information.
Hi,

once again i need help with electromagnetics. :grumpy: if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

here is teh problem:

The radius of the core and the inner radius of the outer conductor of a very long coaxial transmission line are r(i) and r(o), respectively. The space between the conductors is filled with two coaxial layers of dielectrics. The dielectric constants of the dielectrics are Epsilon(1) for r(i)<r<b. and Epsilon(2) for b<r<r(o). Determine it's capacitance per unit length.

From what i already know, the Capacitance=Q/V. So in order to find Q and V, we have to find the integral of Q and V? CAn someone point me to the right direction? I'm so lost in electromagnetics, i don't even know which equations to use.

Engineering news on Phys.org

1. What is electromagnetics?

Electromagnetics is a branch of physics that studies the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It is concerned with the behavior and interaction of electric and magnetic fields, as well as the production and transmission of electromagnetic waves.

2. What are some real-life applications of electromagnetics?

Electromagnetics has numerous applications in our daily lives, such as in the generation and distribution of electricity, communication technologies like radios and cell phones, and medical devices like MRI machines. It also plays a crucial role in industries like transportation, aerospace, and manufacturing.

3. How does electromagnetics relate to other branches of science?

Electromagnetics is closely related to other branches of science, such as electricity, magnetism, and optics. It also has connections to other fields like quantum mechanics, relativity, and thermodynamics. Many scientific discoveries and advancements have been made by combining knowledge from different branches of science with electromagnetics.

4. What are some key concepts in electromagnetics?

Some key concepts in electromagnetics include electric and magnetic fields, electromagnetic induction, Maxwell's equations, and electromagnetic waves. Understanding these concepts is essential for studying and applying electromagnetics in various fields.

5. How can I improve my understanding of electromagnetics?

To improve your understanding of electromagnetics, it is essential to have a strong foundation in mathematics and physics. It would also be beneficial to read textbooks and research papers on the subject, as well as participate in hands-on experiments or simulations. Seeking guidance from a knowledgeable mentor or enrolling in a course can also help deepen your understanding of electromagnetics.

Suggested for: Need help with electromagnetics

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies