I need help starting with this question.. I am very confused because the lecturer gave examples when its a canteleaver beam but not when it is in supported structure. I
For the given beam (Table 1, Figure 1):
• determine the number of degrees of freedom to which the
beam is indeterminate
• use Force Method of Analysis to determine the redundant
• sketch the Free Body Diagram (FBD)
• construct the Shear Force Diagram (SFD) and the Bending
Moment Diagram (BMD)
• define dimensions for the cross section of the I-beam by
using the Main Strength Condition
• determine the deflection (or the slope) at a point A.
Take [ ] 160MPa; E 200 GPa; a 1m
wont require yet as i just need help to set up the FBD
The Attempt at a Solution
I just needs step on how to set up using the Force method... Please view my attempt and comment if i am correct or wrong...