Need help with FORTRAN

• Fortran
  • Thread starter Ivan Sayago
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi there, first of all i am new to the forum, my name is Ivan and i am on 4th year of grade in Physics, i am doing my final work to finish the grade and i need some help in fortran.

The first thing is that i cant even run it, i am using windows 8, i dont know what compiler use or even how to use it, i need to calculate the Wigner 6j-Symbol matrix and i have the code but i have no way to use it, i could use matlab but it calls to a function VN02B that i dont even know what it does.

Thanks, Sorry for my english

Answers and Replies

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hi there, first of all i am new to the forum, my name is Ivan and i am on 4th year of grade in Physics, i am doing my final work to finish the grade and i need some help in fortran.

The first thing is that i cant even run it, i am using windows 8, i dont know what compiler use or even how to use it, i need to calculate the Wigner 6j-Symbol matrix and i have the code but i have no way to use it, i could use matlab but it calls to a function VN02B that i dont even know what it does.

Thanks, Sorry for my english
If you don't have a Fortran compiler installed on your machine which runs under Win 8, you're kind of stuck.

There are some open source compilers available

https://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/

but you would probably need some help in getting these routines installed before trying out your Fortran code. It's also hard to advise on a situation like this thru an internet forum. Is there someone you know who has access to these programming tools already installed, who could maybe show you how to use them?