1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with gamma spectroscopy/SAANI

1. Mar 22, 2015 #1
    Hello :) I hope its ok/allowed to ask for help.. Since I'm looking for a software I dont know where I should post it :/

I would like to know if you have an idea whether its possible to download the open soure software called "SAANI" which is described here http://library.sinap.ac.cn/db/hedianwencui201102/全文/41100117.pdf or if it is just available to the university where it was develeoped or if there is some common place to share opensource software where I could download it to analyse some of my spectra. I didnt found a link by using google, but I found the name of it in some papers which compare software for spectrum analysis, but in each of them the reference was just to the paper I linked above.

I also trief to use the program OpenGamma which is also opensource, but it does not open the spectrum files i Openend. It would really help me if any of you had an idea where I could find SAANI as the functions described in the paper are exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Argus

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

If it's open source it should be free to anyone, but I'd check with the company, person, or university offering it.

4. Mar 22, 2015 #3
    Well, that seems to be the problem. I cant find it anywhere, but I found a program they were also working on I think. It is OpenGamma : http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengamma/

I installed it and tried to open any of my spectrum files, but nothing happened. When I clicked on an option under "Analyse" the app just crashed. Can someone verify this or give me a hint what I am doing wrong? Because all 5 reviews on the site were positive and the screenshots look quite promising.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook