1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with Limit problem.

1. Feb 7, 2013 #1
    Can someone help me find the limit of (5h/h(sqrt(25+5h)+5) as h approaches 0? I have tried everything and I can't seem to get an answer [Which is 1/2] other than 0...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2013 #2
    What kind of work have you done thus far? Show me some of your steps and we can help you understand where your error lies.

$$\lim_{h\to 0} \frac{5h}{h\sqrt{25+5h}+5}$$

Is this the problem you are referring to?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  4. Feb 7, 2013 #3
    Yea, except with quotations separating the h from everything. I am assuming you either have to distribute the h OR multiple the limit by the conjugation.

5. Feb 7, 2013 #4
    Or before that cancel out the h on the bottom...

6. Feb 7, 2013 #5
    Okay, so the problem is $$\lim_{h\to 0} \frac{5h}{h(\sqrt{25+5h}+5)}.$$

In that case, this problem isn't too bad. The ##h## in the denominator is multiplied to everything else in the denominator, and so you can cancel it with the ##h## in the numerator. This should help. If I still have the problem wrong, please let me know.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook