Solve Your Spiderman Problem with Expert Tips | Easy Help Available

• Thread starter Bdurb
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of trigonometry and force diagrams to understand the "spiderman problem" where a directional force is applied to a box and the effect on the normal force and gravitational pull is considered. The participants suggest breaking down the force into vertical components and using a free body diagram for better visualization. They also mention that the normal force is always perpendicular and gravity is always at a 90 degree angle relative to the ground.
Bdurb
DSC01210.jpg

ignore the "a 65 kg box..." i just stress myself out to a point where i can't think staight. Can someone explain the spiderman problem to me?

Physics news on Phys.org
try using trig and angles to model each one

write out a force statement and it should help you visualize it better

See, i am almost certain there are very little if any calculations. Basically what is happening to the normal force with "spiderman" applying directional force. It all depends on the amount of force applied by spiderman and the gravitational pull on the box itself correct?

Bdurb said:
See, i am almost certain there are very little if any calculations. Basically what is happening to the normal force with "spiderman" applying directional force. It all depends on the amount of force applied by spiderman and the gravitational pull on the box itself correct?

pretty much think using the vertical components to solve

Ok now i need help with the question on the bottom of the pic.

assuming that fg is pushing the box down then break fg into sin and cosine components like before and solve using ma=Fg-Ff

draw a FBD it will help

remember normal force is perpendicular and gravity is always 90 degrees relative to the ground

Thanks man!

1. What is the problem that you need help with?

The problem is most likely an easy one that I am having trouble solving on my own.

2. Can you provide more details about the problem?

Yes, I can provide more details about the problem. It may involve a specific scientific concept or experiment that I am struggling with.

3. What kind of help do you need?

I am looking for guidance or advice on how to approach and solve the problem.

4. What have you tried so far to solve the problem?

I have tried various methods and techniques, but I am still having difficulty solving the problem.

5. Are there any specific resources or references that could help with the problem?

I am open to any suggestions for resources or references that may help me better understand and solve the problem.