How Can I Control a Temperature-Sensitive Fan Heater with a Mitsubishi FX1N PLC?

• Thread starter chriswall89@hotmail.
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary, the conversation involves a person asking for help with a program using GX Developer and a Mitsubishi FX1N(C) PLC to control a temperature sensitive fan heater. The program involves inputting temperatures from two rooms, finding the average temperature, converting to Fahrenheit, and comparing it to a preset value. The conversation also includes a request for assistance with the program and discussion about obtaining a virtual PLC. However, the experts advise the person to speak to their professor about the issue and offer to help verify the logic of their program if it were legible.
chriswall89@hotmail.
Here We Go. I have been asked to produce a program using GX Developer. The PLC i have to use is a Mitsubishi FX1N(C). I have to produce a program which will control a temperature sensitive fan heater in a hallway which leads to 2 adjacent rooms. The Heater and fan are designed to operate under the following conditions:

Input the temperature from the two rooms in degrees celsius.

Find the average temperature between both rooms

Contert the temperature into degrees fahrenheit

Compare the temperature to a preset value of 72 (+ or - 2.75%) so basically 70 - 74

If the temperature is below 70 degrees F, then the fan and heater will operate and a 1.5 second flashing alarm will be energised until the temperature is increased to its pre-set value.

If the temperature is above 74 degrees F, then the fan will operate and a 1 second flashing alarm will be energised until the temperature is increased to its pre-set value.

If the temperature is between 70 and 74 degrees F then the fan and heater should be switched off.

In addition, count the number of time the temperature has been outside of the pre-set range in a 2 hour (use 20 secs for this example). Indicate this amount using BCD on the output display LED's

I have already started this program but was unable to finish and i don't own a PLC or a copy of GX Developer at home and I no longer have any lesson time on this. I know it is abit too much to ask but try and think of it as a challenge or a brainteaser. Heres what i have so far i have no idea if this is right or wrong: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h137/chriswall89/PLCsAssignment.jpg
excuse the quality of this picture. I had to make the quality lower in order to upload the picture. If you need this then i will gladly email. If anyone does help either send me the file via email or post a picture of the ladder diagram please. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps or tries to help.

Physics news on Phys.org
We will not do your homework for you. If you are stuck, please ask a clear, concise question indicating where you are stuck and your thoughts on how to proceed, and we will try to help you.

- Warren

Ok sorry. Its not that I am lazy and I am asking other people to do this for me, I would love to do it myself if i had GX developer and a PLC because the only way to learn this is to try it yourself. But i have tried obviously to come up with the program but i can't tell where i am wrong or right without a PLC. If someone owns a PLC could they please try tell me where I am right, where I'm wrong and what else i need to do in order to finish the program.
Or better still does anyone know if i could get a virtual PLC on the computer and where to get 1 please. I reckon i could probably find a copy of GX Developer somewhere myself. Thanks In Advance.

Why does your school expect you to work with tools you do not have access to? Perhaps you should speak to your professor about it.

- Warren

That I don't know

If you're supposed to be using a tool that you don't have, you should really be speaking to your professor, not to us.

- Warren

Ok I understand Thanks for you time anyway.

Beyond what Chroot says, I find your ladder diagram illegible. If it were legible and well commented we could at least try to verify your logic.

Ok,l thanks for looking i think I am just going to take chroot's advice and request more time from the lecturer.

What is a PLC?

A PLC, or Programmable Logic Controller, is a type of computerized control system widely used in industrial and manufacturing settings. It is designed to automate and control various processes, such as machinery, production lines, and other applications.

Why do I need help with PLC's assignment?

PLCs can be complex and require a specific skill set to program and troubleshoot. Many students and professionals may need help with PLC assignments to understand the concepts and apply them effectively. Additionally, a small mistake in programming can lead to significant errors in the process, making it essential to seek help from experts.

What are common applications of PLCs?

PLCs are widely used in various industries such as manufacturing, power plants, oil and gas, food and beverage, and transportation. They are used to automate processes, monitor and control machinery, and collect and analyze data for efficient and safe operations.

What is the programming language used for PLCs?

The most commonly used programming language for PLCs is Ladder Logic, which uses graphical symbols to represent logical operations and control functions. Other programming languages used for PLCs include Function Block Diagram (FBD), Structured Text (ST), and Sequential Function Chart (SFC).

How can I improve my skills in PLC programming?

To improve your skills in PLC programming, you can start by understanding the basics of PLCs and their programming languages. Practice creating simple programs and troubleshooting common errors. You can also attend workshops or online courses to learn advanced techniques and applications of PLCs.

Back