1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help with polar DE

1. Apr 13, 2010 #1

Hi guys,

So I have gotten my assignment for my DE class and fortunately for me, someone had already posted up the questions on the net. Here it is:

Anyway I have managed to do a number of the questions as below together with the answers:

1) sinh [ln x] - sinh [ln w] = y/vx : whereby v= Vr/ Vs
    2) Have yet to try
    3) From the answer i got in (1), I just substituted y= 0 and x= -w, and i get something like this: Vr/ Vs = 0 ...... and since Vr = 0 and Vs is any value greater than 0, it is proven what the question wants... Not sure though if it is right :S
    4) No prob with this, got it proven
    5 and 6) I had some huge problems with this..... I cant integrate it...at all... please help.. I keep getting 0 for Vr/Vs
    7) No prob with this too, got it done
    8) Have yet to try

So guys, I hope you all can help me figure out how to do 5 and 6 and perhaps see if my number 3 is right?

Thanks so much...
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted