1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Need help with studying

1. Nov 27, 2008 #1
    I have a calc based physics ll test coming up. its going to be on circuits with capacitor resistors current power and things like that. what would be the best way to prepare for this. i find it very hard to do problems out of my book because if i get stuck on step i cant get help b/c i dont have the solutions. maybe there is a site with worked out problems or somthing. any advice is apreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2008 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

And when the same thing happens on a test, how do you plan to deal with it?

There's no substitute for working problems. Certainly not looking at other people's solutions!

4. Nov 28, 2008 #3
    Pick up 3000 Solved Problems in Physics. I find it to be a very good study aid.

5. Nov 30, 2008 #4
    I don't think that is a very good answer. We all get stuck on problems sometimes, I don't care who you are.

Anyway, one person already mentioned a decent book. There are others out there like it. University Physics has a solution manual for its text if you use that text, if not, pick up an old copy dirt cheap.

6. Nov 30, 2008 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

Obviously, I disagree. Relying on other people's solutions builds a dependence on those solutions. Just look at how many questions here start "I understand the material - I just can't work any problems".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?