Maximizing Axe Swing: Acceleration, Centripital Force, and Impact Calculations"

• Thread starter sunny123
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking help with a physics problem involving a swinging axe. They provide the problem details and list six different questions they need help solving, including finding the rate of acceleration, centripetal acceleration, weight of the axe head, force at impact, force applied by the turkey's neck, and centripetal force on the axe. They also mention using various formulas and express uncertainty about some of their solutions. They are requesting assistance from others to solve the problem and mention using a book as a resource.
sunny123
ok guyz i been trying to figure out how to do these following problems for hours and after searching online for help i came upon these site. Hope you guyz can help me.

ok the problem is following
1. You can accelerate a 2 kg. Axe head to a final velocity of 25 m/sec in a circular path from apex to impact (90 degree of rotation, 1/4 of a circle) on a good swing. It takes you 3.0 second to swing the axe with a radius of 1.0 . Find the following
1. The Rate of acceleration
2. The rate of centripital acceleration
3. the weight of the axe head
4. The force at impact that is applied to the turkeys neck (acceleration from #1)
5. The force that the turkeys neck applied to the axr
6. The centripital force on the axe

2. for #1 i am thinking using the following formula https://www.physicsforums.com/latex_images/90/905663-1.png
for #2 its V^2/r
#3 i have no idea
#4 F=ma
#5 i am not sure
#6 Fc= mv^2/r

The Attempt at a Solution

for #1] i got 25/.3= 83.33
#2] 25^2/1 = 625
#3] i don't know what formula to use
#4] F=m*83.33 [don't know the mass from #3
#5] i am not sure which formula to use
#6] F= 2*25^2/1 = 1250 [thinking the mass is 2]

Not sure if all these are right if someone can help me with it, it would be great.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
any help please

you have to use some formulas to solve this problem, and check you book to find the formulas.

Thank you

What are some common problems that people need help with?

Some common problems that people may need help with include math and science homework, computer or technology issues, financial or budgeting problems, relationship or family issues, and mental health concerns.

How can I find help with my problems?

There are many resources available for finding help with different types of problems. You can ask a friend or family member for advice, seek help from a professional therapist or counselor, join support groups or online forums, or do research to find tips and solutions on your own.

What should I do if I can't find help for my specific problem?

If you are having trouble finding help for your specific problem, it may be helpful to reach out to a mental health hotline or seek assistance from a local community organization. You can also consider talking to a trusted teacher, mentor, or religious leader for guidance and support.

How can I effectively communicate my problems to others?

When seeking help for your problems, it's important to be clear and specific about what you are struggling with. Take some time to reflect on your thoughts and feelings, and try to articulate them in a calm and respectful manner. It may also be helpful to write down your concerns beforehand to better organize your thoughts.

What are some ways to cope with ongoing problems?

Coping with ongoing problems can be challenging, but there are some strategies that may help. These include practicing self-care, seeking support from loved ones, finding healthy outlets for stress and emotions, and seeking professional help if needed. It's also important to remember that it's okay to ask for help and to take things one step at a time.