Calculating Work and Friction for a Flight Attendant's Bag: A Helpful Guide

• Thread starter cak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, the flight attendant does work (a) - 1807.241777 J - on the flight bag, and the force of friction between the bag and the floor does work (b) - 6826.454 J.
cak
Need Help with "Work" P

Can anybody help me w/ this question??

A flight attendant pulls her 70.0 N flight bag a distance of 252 m along a level airport floor at a constant speed. The force she exerts is 44.0 N at an angle of 52.0° above the horizontal.

(a) Find the work she does on the flight bag.
(b) Find the work done by the force of friction on the flight bag.
(c) Find the coefficient of kinetic friction between the flight bag and the floor.

a) What I did was w=F*d*cos(angle) which would mean
w=44*252*(cos52)
w=-1807.241777 J
But it's on webassign and it told me that was incorrect...
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong??

b)I was kind of clueless on this one, but what I did was
Ffric=(mew)(m)(g)(cos.angle)=Work done for part a??

but since I don't have part A i couldn't finish this one or Part c...

Physics news on Phys.org
Regarding (a) - set your calculator to 'degrees' instead of 'radians'. :smile:

haha i feel dumb :)
but that gave me the right answer

so for part c do i say...

6826.454=(mew)(7.14)(9.8)(cos52)?

Regarding (b) and (c) - the force of friction equals mu*N, but be careful about N. The weight is not the only force contributing to N; there is the applied pulling force, too! (i.e. its vertical component)

Does the angel contribute to the applied force??
If not, wouldn't N=44+70??

Also, Dont you need mu first in order to find the force of friction for part b??

B is somewhat of a trick question because there's no acceleration. The forces in the x are equal and opposite

wait...cant you find acceleration because you know that w=mg
which means..70=m(9.8)
m=7.1429kg
and then f=ma
44=(7.1429)a
and you find that a=6.15996

but i don't understand what you need acceleration for

1. What is the purpose of "Need Help with Work P"?

The purpose of "Need Help with Work P" is to seek assistance or support with a specific task or project related to work. This could include anything from needing help with a specific task or skill to seeking guidance on how to manage workload or improve productivity.

2. How do I know if I need help with work?

If you are feeling overwhelmed, stuck, or unsure about how to complete a task or manage your workload, it may be a sign that you need help with work. It's important to recognize when you could benefit from support and not be afraid to ask for it.

3. What types of work can I get help with?

You can get help with a wide range of work-related tasks and projects, including but not limited to: time management, organization, communication, problem-solving, specific skills or software, and project management. The type of work you can get help with may vary depending on the resources available to you.

4. How can I find help with work?

There are several ways to find help with work, such as seeking guidance from colleagues, reaching out to a mentor or supervisor, attending workshops or training sessions, and utilizing online resources and tools. It's also important to communicate your needs and concerns with your team and ask for support when necessary.

5. How can seeking help with work benefit me?

Seeking help with work can benefit you in many ways, such as improving your productivity, reducing stress and overwhelm, learning new skills and techniques, and developing better communication and problem-solving abilities. It can also help you build a support network and create a more positive work environment.