What is the Impact Angle Equation for Colliding Objects at an Angle?

In summary, the conversation discusses the effect of object A, a poll, hitting object B, a solid box, at a straight angle and losing momentum. There is a debate about whether the impact causes a straight line of damage or an angled one. The question is further clarified by asking if the box falls into itself or crumbles at an angle. The possibility of a traditional throw with spin resulting in a non-straight channel is also mentioned. Finally, there is a humorous exchange about how a small knife can cut a 10-foot cube in half.
JenadaeX
ok i got a question that has come up at work today and we can't come to a answer we all agree on, i won't go into the reason this question came up unless i can't answer questions about it without referencing it so here we go

if object A a poll like object as wide as a Object B hits Object be being previously thrown at it at a straight angle losing momentum already as it hits object B, as the objects collided with object A, object B will lose mementum(correct?) causeing Object As impact to be curved(correct?) thus when the upper part of object A to fall down apon the lower part at a angle(correct?) now the impact from (now upper A(UA) and bottom A(BA)) UA is to great for BA to resist causeing it to fall.. would this make A fall at a angle?

Physics news on Phys.org
can you try to clarify that problem, break it down to its simplest terms, and try to avoid superfluous details. I am not trying to be critical, but you question can be answered better if you do that.

kk let me try the best i can

i throw a knife at a solid box , it doesn't go all the way through
Q1) would this knife lose momentum passing through the box? or is all momentum lost at once?
Q2) does the impact cause a straight line of damage or it make it at a angle like < that

the solid box is a cube figure let's say 10 feet tall, (this only implys if the damage was at a angle) the top half of the box lands on the bottom half, the bottom half can't support the top half and crumbles.

Q3) would this box fall into itself or would it crumble at a angle?

-1- a.

-2- Depends on how the knife was thrown. Traditional throw with spin, you get a non-straight channel. Shot somehow straight at the cube with no spin, you get a straight channel.

-3- How does a little bitty knife cut a 10 foot cube in half?

berkeman said:
-1- a.

-2- Depends on how the knife was thrown. Traditional throw with spin, you get a non-straight channel. Shot somehow straight at the cube with no spin, you get a straight channel.

-3- How does a little bitty knife cut a 10 foot cube in half?

it does... lol buy not at a angle it hits str8

1. What is the "Impact at an angle equation"?

The "Impact at an angle equation" is a mathematical formula used to calculate the impact force of an object hitting another object at an angle. It takes into account the mass and velocity of the objects, as well as the angle at which they collide.

2. How is the "Impact at an angle equation" used in scientific research?

The "Impact at an angle equation" is often used in scientific research to understand the effects of collisions in various scenarios, such as car accidents or sports injuries. It can also be used to design safety features in products to withstand impact forces at different angles.

3. Can the "Impact at an angle equation" be used in real-life situations?

Yes, the "Impact at an angle equation" can be applied to real-life situations where two objects collide at an angle. It is commonly used in engineering and physics to calculate the impact force and design structures that can withstand such forces.

4. What factors affect the results of the "Impact at an angle equation"?

The results of the "Impact at an angle equation" can be affected by factors such as the mass and velocity of the objects, the angle at which they collide, and the materials and surfaces involved in the collision. Other external factors, such as air resistance, can also impact the results.

5. Are there any limitations to the "Impact at an angle equation"?

Yes, the "Impact at an angle equation" has some limitations. It assumes that the objects involved in the collision are rigid bodies, and it does not take into account the deformation of the objects upon impact. It also does not consider other forces, such as friction, that may affect the collision. Therefore, it may not provide accurate results in all real-life scenarios.