Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help

1. Nov 1, 2004 #1
    I'm an amateur at Physics. I only have one year of Physics through the University. Today, as the emergence of the optical technology, therefore, I have decided to venture into the Physics world. However, I need help as to where to start or what text books should I study on my own instead of paying for the University tuition of thousand of dollar and accomplishing somewhat inferior knowledge, but my boss won't know it right. Like I have stated it I only have the basic knowledge of the classical physics, and now I need to know more on the Modern Physics and the Optics technology. Furthermore, I'm on the CS department. I have checked on my University schedule and they don't offer any advance Physics course beside the entry class. Thus, I don't know what textbook to study. Can anyone out there show me the sequence of textbooks or course to take to get my knowledge up-to-date with the Optical Physics. For example, a semester in Modern Physics with the text books _______ by _________. This will help me to impress my boss a lot.
    Thank you.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2004 #2
    if you want exercise in Optics ,you can use Schaum's out lines for college physics in Optics .it's very clear and easy book.

And look this peper:
    it has what the basic of Modern physisc and what you are need to learn..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?