1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help

1. Nov 1, 2004 #1
    Hello,
    I'm an amateur at Physics. I only have one year of Physics through the University. Today, as the emergence of the optical technology, therefore, I have decided to venture into the Physics world. However, I need help as to where to start or what text books should I study on my own instead of paying for the University tuition of thousand of dollar and accomplishing somewhat inferior knowledge, but my boss won't know it right. Like I have stated it I only have the basic knowledge of the classical physics, and now I need to know more on the Modern Physics and the Optics technology. Furthermore, I'm on the CS department. I have checked on my University schedule and they don't offer any advance Physics course beside the entry class. Thus, I don't know what textbook to study. Can anyone out there show me the sequence of textbooks or course to take to get my knowledge up-to-date with the Optical Physics. For example, a semester in Modern Physics with the text books _______ by _________. This will help me to impress my boss a lot.
    Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2004 #2
    if you want exercise in Optics ,you can use Schaum's out lines for college physics in Optics .it's very clear and easy book.

And look this peper:
    http://www.phy.duke.edu/~sch/143/lectures/intro.pdf [Broken]
    it has what the basic of Modern physisc and what you are need to learn..

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook