Need high range temp sensor ic

In summary, the conversation discusses the upper temperature limits of temp sensor ICs and suggests using a thermocouple or non-contact IR optical temperature sensor. The industry commonly uses "J" or "K" thermocouples, while for temperatures near the boiling point of water, a RTD is recommended. The original poster is looking for an IC with a higher upper limit, but it is suggested that such a product may not exist.
ironcross77
most of the temp sensor ics goes upto 150 'c. can anyone suggest any ic that has upper limit of 400 'c? may be 350 'c

Engineering news on Phys.org
Use a thermocouple.

... or a non-contact IR optical temperature sensor.

Both suggestions are good but in industry we use either "J" or "K" thermocouples with "K" being the most common where I work. If the temperature was around the boiling point of water I would recommend a RTD.

I just read you post without reading the replys. If a IC is so hot that you cannot place your finger on it for over 1 second, it is too hot! You either have a heat sink problem or a bad IC.

Ummm, no. He doesn't wish to remove heat away from a part that is used as a sensor to meause temperature. His problem is that he is looking for something that most likely doesn't exist. He has admitted that he is unable to find it so he has been given a couple of choices. 350 degrees is far from the boiling point of water.

1. What is a high range temperature sensor IC?

A high range temperature sensor IC is an integrated circuit that is specifically designed to measure and monitor extremely high temperatures, typically ranging from 200°C to 1000°C. It is commonly used in industrial and scientific applications where traditional temperature sensors may not be able to withstand such high temperatures.

2. How does a high range temperature sensor IC work?

A high range temperature sensor IC typically consists of a metal oxide semiconductor (MOS) sensor that changes its electrical resistance in response to temperature changes. The IC then converts this resistance into a corresponding voltage or current output, which can be measured and interpreted by a microcontroller or other electronic device.

3. What are the advantages of using a high range temperature sensor IC?

Some advantages of using a high range temperature sensor IC include its ability to accurately measure and monitor high temperatures in harsh environments, its compact size and low power consumption, and its compatibility with various electronic systems.

4. What are the applications of a high range temperature sensor IC?

A high range temperature sensor IC has a wide range of applications, including in industrial processes such as steel manufacturing and glass production, as well as in scientific research and development, aerospace and automotive industries, and medical equipment.

5. How do I choose the right high range temperature sensor IC for my application?

When choosing a high range temperature sensor IC, it is important to consider factors such as the temperature range, accuracy, response time, and compatibility with your electronic system. It is also helpful to consult with a technical expert or refer to the manufacturer's datasheet for more detailed specifications and recommendations.